× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to set up Extender

natv
Aspirant

Unable to set up Extender

I have tried everything below but I still can't set up the Extender.

I am able to connect my WiFi to the extender's SSID (using the wireless key on the back of the extender device) and it connects just fine (it says no internet but I know that is normal at this point)

However, I am unable to access the setup page (it's not auto launching in any browser even if I try to browser to a random site), and I tried entering it manually as well --  http://myWiFiext.net

I get a DNS error when I try to go to the above URL.

If someone can tell me what internal IP address this is trying to connect to maybe I can set a hosts file or try the IP address directly (?)

I have tried also plugging in an Ethernet wire directly, same problem.

I have put a pin inside the factor reset hole and reset back to factor settings several times.

I have tried moving the extender to the same room as the main wifi router (R7300 Nighthawk)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Model: DST6501|DST (Dead Spot Terminator) Adapter
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Unable to set up Extender

Hello natv 

If you have the extender attached to the router log into the R7300 settings and go to the attached devices it should show you the IP of the extender then when connected to the extender use that IP address to connect to the extender.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7