× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to update Firmware

Bitrajit
Follower

Unable to update Firmware

I am unable to update the firmware on my new router My current version is V1.4.1.50_1.3.10 and the latest version seems to be R8000P-V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 I have tried the following methods:- 1. Automatic update from the WebUI 2. Manual update from the WebUI by uploading the firmware .chk file For both the options above - all I get is a long wait, progress bar fills up and then device reboots and the version number does not change I also tried the TFTP router and using the TFTP command on the Cmd prompt says "Connection Failed" and using the TFTP tool it literally does nothing Please can someone help me Thanks
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
MikeMCT
Aspirant

Re: Unable to update Firmware

Bitrajit, last night I ran into exactly the same problems that you did. I think there's an issue with the firmware files and hope that Netgear will jump on this ASAP and fix.

Sorry I have no solution or help, but just wanted to let you know that there are others in the same boat!  

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7