× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to update firmware EX8000

NCCParis
Initiate

Unable to update firmware EX8000

I received an email today prompting me to update the firmware on my EX8000 router. I have tried doing this via the Nighthawk app, but the "Connect with remote management" button does not work. When I try via the mywifinext.local site, I get a message saying my extender is "up and running" but there is no link or menu item that leads me to a firmware update.

I have also tried following the instructions for a router login from my laptop using Chrome, but they do not correspond to the options onscreen -- I can log in, but there is no menu with the tabs: ADVANCED > Adminstration > or Settings > Administration... so I cannot proceed to the firmware update section. Can someone please guide me?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5
NCCParis
Initiate

Re: Unable to update firmware EX8000

Finally found the tab to upgrade the firmware (from V1.0.1.164) but the connection times out every time. Have tried resetting both the extender and wifi router, to no avail....
Message 2 of 5
LyMc
Aspirant

I received the same email and downloaded the update.  It never connects to my wi-fi so the extender is of no use to me now.  It worked perfectly before I downloaded the update.  I've tried everything and am so frustrated that I will probably just buy a different extender.  So disappointing.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello NCCParis and LyMc - Please check out the following link for the latest firmware version (1.0.1.192)

https://kb.netgear.com/000060801/EX8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-192

~Christian 

Message 4 of 5
pomodesign
Aspirant

I couldn't update mine via the web interface either, so I downloaded it from the Netgear website and uploaded it manually. Hopefully they'll fix this in subsequent updates.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7