× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to view devices attached to WN2000RPTV2

Jmeekman
Tutor

Unable to view devices attached to WN2000RPTV2

Hi,

I am using a WNR3500L Wireless router with the WN2000RPTV2 Range Extender. And I'll start by saying that all firmware is updated to latest releases and that everything is functioning normally... My question is more of a device management question.

My router is doing the DHCP for my network, and all attached devices are definitely being assigned IP addresses by the router. They all see the internet and eachother, whether they are attached to the router or the extender, so that is all great.

Where it troubles me is when I view "Attached devices" on my router, i do not see the individual devices listed that are attached to the extender. I ONLY see the extender itself.

I want to be able to view a comprehensive list of ALL devices that my router is serving, even through the extender.... Is there a reason I can't?

I have seen this problem in this forum but with two different devices, different in models but smilar in function... Is this a common issue to not see attached devices through other networking bridges, extenders and switches?

Thanks,
~Jason
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

believe that is normal way when using extender.
Message 2 of 4
thegoods99
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my WN2000RPTv2 Range extender. I agree with jmizoguchi that it is functioning properly, but I think Netgear should have thought this through a little better. I want to provide good signal throughout the building, but maintain administrative access control to ALL devices on my network. When devices attach to the Range Extender, I lose the ability to individually control the on/off access unless I completely deny access to the Range extender itself. Kind of lame, in my opinion. I'm sure this could be improved.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I use multiple AP from open-mesh.com and you will like all you function and features
Robust AP
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7