× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

'Unidentified network' issues with ethernet on wifi range extender EX6150v2

RohanG6795
Follower

'Unidentified network' issues with ethernet on wifi range extender EX6150v2

I have had recurring issues with a wifi extender for around 4 months that randomly disconnects from the internet via ethernet. The intervals between the problems can range from 2 mins to 10 hours or so.

When the problem occurs, there is no internet access and the ethernet will tell it is either an 'unidentified network' or just strictly no internet, but with the network name identified. When troubleshooting, multiple errors come up like 'ethernet does not have correct IP address settings', or 'default gateway is not available'. There have also been other errors but I can't remember what they are right now. I've changed my IP address manually, I've reinstalled my drivers, I've done every single fix that I can find on the internet. The only thing that I've done to fix it, is restart it. And 9/10 times it ends up fixing the issue. But then comes back either 10 mins later or a few hours later, there is no pattern with how it occurs.

The strange thing is, the internet via wifi is usually unaffected. When the problem occurs, I can either switch to wifi on my extender or my original router. So the problem is via ethernet, which is what I mainly use as my internet, in general, is quite shaky.

The problem is not dependant on the type of task I'm doing on my computer, as it has stopped while playing games, watching netflix/youtube, doing work, etc. And I have also found that the problem is with uploading information, rather than downloading information. As I said before, it has stopped midway through games, and whenever it happens I am still connected to the server and receiving notifications about what is occurring in the games. So I am being transmitted information, but unable to send back any information myself.

I really hope I am able to get this fixed, as it is an incredible annoyance in my work flow and general activities. I do not want to have to restart and wait for it to reboot every 10 - 60 mins to be able to use the internet. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to provide as much information as possible. Also if this is in the wrong section, my bad, I just joined this community. Thanks for reading :].

Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 'Unidentified network' issues with ethernet on wifi range extender EX6150v2

Hi @RohanG6795, what is the firmware version of the extender? Have you tried replacing the Ethernet cable that connects to the extender? Please try connecting another device wired to the extender to check if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7