× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Universal WiFi Range Extender WN2000RPTv2 Working but cannot access to change password

Chesterfield916
Initiate

Universal WiFi Range Extender WN2000RPTv2 Working but cannot access to change password

I have a range extender which is successfully connected to my router via wifi using wps.

I am presently connected to the extender with a cable and have access to a network.

What I can't do is access the extender via wifi.

I have tried a factory reset and it's not working. When I try to connect I can't get the password right.

How do I connect from the PC via cable and change the password?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Universal WiFi Range Extender WN2000RPTv2 Working but cannot access to change password

What happens when you factory reset? 
After you reset, follow the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What happens when you factory reset? 
After you reset, follow the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 3
Chesterfield916
Initiate

Huge thanks. I've tried the factory reset but each time WPS came on and connected.

Decided to try one last time but powered off router and extender first, can't believe I haven't reset the router.

Powered on router.

Powered on extended.

Accessed from laptop selected extender network and it took me through the set up and is now working!

Many thanks ... Wimbledon womens final has now finished though! This is what I was wanting to watch when I couldn't connect!

😁

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7