× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unlimited Email support - deceptive

Amberjack
Novice

Unlimited Email support - deceptive

When I first registered my router and extender, I received an email saying customer support was available via email "unlimited and free for as long as you own your NETGEAR . Agent replied saying it was covered for 90 days and closed ticket. So I called phone support naively thinking they would be more reasonable to talk to and the agent proceeded to argue with me saying that unlimited and free really meant one year even though it didn't say that in the email from Netgear. What the heck? How can they get away with this deceptive communication. I've been trying to search for an executive's email information at Netgear HQ to complain. Does anyone know how to email a complaint through their official channels? They do a great job being elusive!
Message 1 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unlimited Email support - deceptive

I will contact Netgear to see what the situation is with your WN3500RP, can you tell me roughly when you purchased it and which country? Do you still have a copy of the e-mail that you mentioned?
Message 2 of 4
LBear
Aspirant

Babylon5 wrote:
I will contact Netgear to see what the situation is with your WN3500RP, can you tell me roughly when you purchased it and which country? Do you still have a copy of the e-mail that you mentioned?

Andy - we're having a problem with Netgear's poor customer service too. We purchased the WN3000RP a few years ago in the US. It worked fine until we got a new router. Our wireless devices see the extender with a strong internet connection but when we try to connect it rejects the password. Tried a factory reset and were successful in reinstalling right up until trying to connect. A call to customer service turned into a 15 minute sales pitch to spend $139.99 for an extended 1 year warranty on an item we can buy brand new for $50 :mad: It's frustrating enough to have problems with the product, spending the evening trying to resolve it before calling, we don't need to be insulted and taken for idiots by a company and service rep that thinks we'd spend 2-1/2 times the value of the product to get some advice that may or may not solve the problems. The forums are no help either. Lots of posts from people with the same problem and little or no response and those that do are so hard to follow - no clear instruction. Please add our experience and disappointment in Netgear lack of service to your list of complaints to take to headquarters. Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

LBear, I will pass your comments on.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7