× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updating firmware on multiple extenders issue

Carpehome
Initiate

Updating firmware on multiple extenders issue

I have two EX3700 and one EX2700 extenders.  The EX3700's are both connected to my WiFi via ethernet and used as hotspots (Access Point Mode).  The EX2700 is connected to the same WiFi via a wireless connection.  I assigned unique SSID names to each extender.  They work great but I'm having an issue updating the firmware on the EX3700's.  I was able to update the EX2700 following the Netgear firmware update instructions.  However following the same for the EX3700's has failed.  When I connect to either of the EX3700's I am immediately directed to the EX2700 extender update.  Any suggestions??    

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition, EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Carpehome
Initiate

Re: Updating firmware on multiple extenders issue

Thanks for the tip.  Worked perfectly and all my extenders are now updated to the latest firmware.  Thanks for your help! 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

log into the ip address of the extender, not the "mywifiext . com"  and manually update. That's what I'd do. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061572/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Extender

Message 2 of 4
Carpehome
Initiate

Thanks for the tip.  Worked perfectly and all my extenders are now updated to the latest firmware.  Thanks for your help! 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

glad to hear it worked!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7