× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade hardware

JessV
Aspirant

Upgrade hardware

Hi,

Hope you do not mind me asking on here. but i am not 100% sure what hardware i need. its for home/business use.

At the moment i am running from my office Netgear 54 MBps wireless router DG834G v3 which did connect to Netgear wifi range extender model WN2000RPT v2 to my house this has now died. also from office router connects to my kennel building (hardwired). in my kennel building i have 10 webcams which owner login to. the webcam are setup on the ports on the router.

I need something the same but better. 

I am in the UK

thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Upgrade hardware

Are you planning to replace both the router and the extender or just the extender?

I’m not an ADSL user myself, I’m with Virgin Media Cable, but if you plan to replace the router maybe go for something like a D7000. If you plan to just replace the extender then I find the EX7000 to be very reliable, I have not had need to reset it since I set it up well over a year ago.

Have you also considered Powerline products? http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/powerline/

Message 2 of 4
JessV
Aspirant

Hi,

thank you for the reply 🙂

I am looking to replace the whole thing as it is all very old. as i think, that the best way forwards

I am not sure what i am looking for. just need to find out what product(s) i need to replace what i have. 

If someone can tell me what i need, i will buy it as long as in as the setting i can put the IP address/ports of each of my pet webcams. 

🙂

Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Practically any router will accommodate your IP camera addressing needs, so I would recommend that you get an up to date Dxxxx series router first, then depending on how that performs at your location decide if you need to add an extender or Powerline products.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7