× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgraded EX7000 to the newest firmware and I think it bricked the EX7000

xbladr
Tutor

Upgraded EX7000 to the newest firmware and I think it bricked the EX7000

So on Friday I logged into mywifiext.net and it told me to upgrade my firmware. I accepted it and it said this may take a little while do not power off or reset while in progress. So I let it go then I went outside did some yard work came in 2 hours later and the 2.4 and 5ghz lights were solid amber with the uplink/downlink blinking green. I still had no ext network and could not find the mywifiext page.

I decided to restart it. It came back up to the exact same issue. At this point I plugged my laptop directly into the extender via ethernet and still couldnt find mywifiext. I figured I may have to factory reset it. I held the reset button for upwards of 30 seconds and none of the lights changed. I then tried multiple variations of holding reset with it off then powering it on etc. Nothing worked and no matter what I do I get the same 2.4 and 5ghz solid amber with the throughput link light blinking green. 

I need help guys I do not know what to try next. I believe the GUI tried to update the firmware and bricked the device. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated. I have had the device a little over 1 year.

Thanks

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Upgraded EX7000 to the newest firmware and I think it bricked the EX7000

Hello xbladr

you could try to re flash the firmware via tftp I linked how to do this.

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
xbladr
Tutor

Anyone have any thoughts on what to try?

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello xbladr

you could try to re flash the firmware via tftp I linked how to do this.

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
xbladr
Tutor

Thanks Darren I will give this a shot.

Message 4 of 5
xbladr
Tutor

Darren next time you are in New Hampshire hit me up. I owe you a beer. That worked on my first go. Thanks so much

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7