× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Use of NETGEAR EX6100-100NAS AC750 with Netgear Nighthawk AC1900

retiredinpresco
Aspirant

Use of NETGEAR EX6100-100NAS AC750 with Netgear Nighthawk AC1900

I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 hooked up to an ARRIS modem from my cable company (Cableone).  This covers  my house.

My shop is about 50 ft from my garage and I have no signal there.   Can I use the Netgear AC750  EX6100-100NAS  range extender with my setup to extend my range to my shop?   I am concerned because the Nighthawk does NOT have a WPS button on it that I an find and I am not really great with computers and figuring out this stuff.

Would appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks,

retiredinprescott

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
retiredinpresco
Aspirant

Re: Use of NETGEAR EX6100-100NAS AC750 with Netgear Nighthawk AC1900

OK, I got my Netgear AC750 EX6100-100NAS range extender today.   As I suspected I could not get the push button auto hookup to work.

The wifi on my ARRIS TG862 modem/router (from my cable company) had been disabled and a Nighthawk AC1900 hooked to the ARRIS unit is being used to provide a stronger wifi signal.   Then I went to the website in the instruction booklet and after a couple of tries I WAS able to get the extender to hook up with my computer network using an ethernet cable.   I then plugged the unit into my garage and was able to capture a signal on the ext network in my shop.  It's only 1 bar, so not very strong but good enough for me to get e-mail out there and check out a website or two.

I'm a happy camper tonight and this is a good way to get maybe 50 ft of additonal range.

View solution in original post

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 2

All Replies
retiredinpresco
Aspirant

Re: Use of NETGEAR EX6100-100NAS AC750 with Netgear Nighthawk AC1900

OK, I got my Netgear AC750 EX6100-100NAS range extender today.   As I suspected I could not get the push button auto hookup to work.

The wifi on my ARRIS TG862 modem/router (from my cable company) had been disabled and a Nighthawk AC1900 hooked to the ARRIS unit is being used to provide a stronger wifi signal.   Then I went to the website in the instruction booklet and after a couple of tries I WAS able to get the extender to hook up with my computer network using an ethernet cable.   I then plugged the unit into my garage and was able to capture a signal on the ext network in my shop.  It's only 1 bar, so not very strong but good enough for me to get e-mail out there and check out a website or two.

I'm a happy camper tonight and this is a good way to get maybe 50 ft of additonal range.

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7