× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using AX12 RAX200 as Main router with R9000 (X10) router as AP with One Wifi Naming

_kdc
Follower

Using AX12 RAX200 as Main router with R9000 (X10) router as AP with One Wifi Naming

The Goal is to use the AX12 RAX200 as Main router with R9000 (X10) router as AP with One Wifi Naming.  I currently have both these routers and want to know if I set up the X10 in AP mode (Hardwired) would I still be able to use the One Wifi Feature as a mesh system without buying more hardware?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Using AX12 RAX200 as Main router with R9000 (X10) router as AP with One Wifi Naming

As you have the RAX already, assuming it's configured and operational as the primary router, what does stop you from backing up the R9000 config (just in case), and re-configre the R9000 to AP mode? If the WiFi config does offer Smart Connect (just a marketing term) the 2.4 and 5 GHz can be configured to the same wireless name.

Looking forward to the results of your experiment.

None of all that will make it a Mesh system (even if the consumer marketing departments insist it is, One WIFi is another marketing term) - it's a plain standard router with wired access point configuration (as it's in place on many SOHO and SMB environment) offering the same wireless name on all AP radios.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7