× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using a range extender to connect my iPhone hotspot to my WNR2000v3

Zdog0
Follower

Using a range extender to connect my iPhone hotspot to my WNR2000v3

I have a WNR2000v3 wireless router that I had been using with a cable modem but I got rid of my cable several years ago when I finally stepped into the smartphone age. I now have cellphone service with Visible and their included hotspot. Is it possible to use my TL-WA850RE range extender as the RJ45 internet source for this Netgear wireless router using my hotspot on my iPhone? It seems as though this should work but any advice on this issue would be welcome. Thanks
Model: JWNR2000v3|N300 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 3
campbellkidz1
Aspirant

Re: Using a range extender to connect my iPhone hotspot to my WNR2000v3

I did this successfully with iPhone XS MAX worked great as long as you run a VPN I had all my stuff, Roku tv, blink security system, it all worked great, and I run visible 25$ a month plan, plus I had my computer desktop, connected to it and I do live streams on youtube, I used streamyard a lot, and it all just worked! Not screaming fast, but it was fast enough, in heavy usage times it buffered on YouTube when watching videos, but what do ya expect, now trying to get it to setup on my recent 2023 IPhone SE 5G and I can create a connection but it won’t get internet through the IPhone SE 5G hotspot, and anyone help me with this, it won’t let me create just a access point and still get internet?
Message 2 of 3
campbellkidz1
Aspirant

Re: Using a range extender to connect my iPhone hotspot to my WNR2000v3

Note had to turn VPN off to setup blink! But then later turned it back on and blink would still connect, just needs to be off for setup! It will not connect so far with my IPhone SE 5G at the time of this writing! Still working on that!
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7