× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using two Wifi Range Extenders in one house

Treesurfer78
Follower

Using two Wifi Range Extenders in one house

Hi all

Hoping for a little bit of help here. I have been using a Netgear Wifi Range Extender to boost the signal to the deadspot in my house for a number of years now without problem. I recently bought a second extender to boost the wifi signal to my outside garage. The new extender connects to my Wifi, but not via WPS (The WPS light is unlit on the new unit, but is lit on the original unit). I know very little about wifi and associated systems, so if someone could advise me if using the second wifi extender without WPS is OK, or if I can connect it via WPS, or if I should be doing something else would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance and apologies if this topic has been asked and answered elsewhere already.

Cheers. 

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Using two Wifi Range Extenders in one house

You don't have to set it up using wps. You can set it up using the installation assistant. 

How to Setup your WiFi Range Extender with NETGEAR Installation Assistant - YouTube

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7