× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Verizon hotspot bridged to N300?

flinthill001
Aspirant

Verizon hotspot bridged to N300?

How can I bridge the N300 router to a Verizon 890L hotspot? I need to retain the wired capability of the N300 to a remote metal building.

Thanks for any suggestions, including changing out the N300 for some other more suitable piece of equipment, if that is what it will take to use the hotspot.

Ron
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Verizon hotspot bridged to N300?

you need extender ex wn2500rp
Message 2 of 4
flinthill001
Aspirant

June, thanks for your reply. I would like to go over the details of incorporating the WN2500RP into my system, if you don't mind.

At present the N300 receives its signal via the ethernet input port. I have several hard wired LAN connections from the N300. One of those hard wired outputs goes to an outside steel structure about 250 ft from the router and this is the connection that has to be hardwired.

Now back to the WN2500RP. If I have the Verizon hotspot plugged into the primary computer does the WN2500RP pickup the wireless signal from the hotspot? (The WN2500RP will be only 20 ft from the primary computer with the hotspot) If this is correct, then is the N300 ethernet input jack connected to to one of 4 LAN outputs on the WN2500RP?

Thanks,
Ron
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

probably wrong items to deal with

look at open-mesh.com and get their stuff and use external antenna.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7