× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Very low d/l speed on EX6120 extender

Sveiny
Follower

Very low d/l speed on EX6120 extender

Hi,

I've installed an EX6120 as extender. My download speed is excruciatingly slow next to the device (1 Mbps on 2.4 GHz, 2 to 3 on 5) and worse away from it as the wifi signal drops; connecting my laptop from next to the extender to my router (TP-link AC2300) at 10 m away gives 65 Mbps (out of 80 if I'm near it) so that's not the issue, it's in the right spot. Upload is normal and equal to speeds via the router. The wifi settings for the connection are at 144 send/receive. It's on channel 2 and nobody around us uses that. Tried assigning a fixed IP address to it in the router, looked for the tick box for 20/40 mhz coexistence in the setup (it's really not there and support can't help me find it - slim chance that's it anyway). Giving the extender priority on the router doesn't help. Speed is equally slow on several devices (Iphone, Android phone, laptops) so it's really something with the extender. Any ideas much apprecated!

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7