× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Very slow speed on wired and wireless on Extender NETGEAR N600

sisqou
Aspirant

Very slow speed on wired and wireless on Extender NETGEAR N600

Hi,

I have very slow speed both download and upload (1MB/s) on both wired and wireless conections. I connected my desktop to different LAN ports and my phone and laptops to the 2.4G wireless. When I conect them to 5G the speed is a little better (20MB/s) but is still slow in that room. 

If I conect any of my devices to my main router which is on the same floor, the speed is about 70MB/s. The problem is in the Extender and happened after I upgraded the new Firmware Version: V1.0.1.54_1.0.68

I am not very into the routers and I don't know much about them and I always wonder why for a router we need to be so qualified to know every setting but thats for a different topic.

Please, help.

Model: WN2500RPv2|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

a couple things you can if it changed after a firmware update. 

1. If you didn't update over a hardwired connection, I'd try reinstalling the firmware over a hard wired connection.

2. Any time I have issues after an update, I try to factory reset the device. maybe the firmware changed enough that your settings are causing problems. 

3. You always have the option of downgrading back to an older version of the firmware. maybe your specific settings cause a bug with that firmware. The old firmware can be found under your support page---downloads-----  +view previous versions.   Make sure if you downgrad to do it over the hardwired connection and to reset it afterwards.    

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN2500RPv2.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

a couple things you can if it changed after a firmware update. 

1. If you didn't update over a hardwired connection, I'd try reinstalling the firmware over a hard wired connection.

2. Any time I have issues after an update, I try to factory reset the device. maybe the firmware changed enough that your settings are causing problems. 

3. You always have the option of downgrading back to an older version of the firmware. maybe your specific settings cause a bug with that firmware. The old firmware can be found under your support page---downloads-----  +view previous versions.   Make sure if you downgrad to do it over the hardwired connection and to reset it afterwards.    

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN2500RPv2.aspx

Message 2 of 5
sisqou
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

1. I upgarded over a hardwired connection.

2. I tried with the factory reset already and same thing.

3. I downgraded it to the old firmware. I checked the speed again. Same. Reset. Same. And I upgraded again.

I think some of the settings changed because it looks like something limiting the speed.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you've tried resetting, downgrading firmware, then maybe its time to look at the router? 

Message 4 of 5
sisqou
Aspirant

I remember that this happen before with the same router and somebody gave me a solution to fix it with some change in the settings but I can't find the article anymore. I think is something that just limiting the speed.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7