× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Video: Meet the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders!

BretD
Admin

Video: Meet the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders!

NETGEAR's Current Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extenders:

EX8000 - X6S Desktop Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extender

EX7500 - X4S Wall Plug Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Extendernighthawk-mesh-house.png

Do you have a Nighthawk WiFi Mesh Extender? Let us know your experience in the comments below. 

Message 1 of 4
pwcoghlan
Aspirant

I have the EX8000 X6S Extender and using as an Access Point. Both the user guide and various Netgear articles suggest I can enable "one WiFi name"; however it only appears in the wireless setting a menu prior to Smart Setup. If I attempt to select it, I receive a message stating I must run Smart Setup before I select "one WiFi name". I do this but I cannot then go back to set the option as when I open settings / wireless, this option (enable / disable buttons) and another to sync configuration appear momentarily as the page loads and then disappear. I have tried several options using different SSID names (different from the current Netgear R7500 router); factory reset etc. but no difference. I have raised a ticket for help as although I have set the SSIDs to the name SSID of the R7500 router I'm not convinced it's working as it should. The link explains the process to set "One WiFi name" but this has the same resut as above. Firmware # ends in 118 which is the latest. Guidance welcome. Thnx 

https://kb.netgear.com/000044735/How-to-log-into-the-Nighthawk-Tri-Band-WiFi-Range-Extender

Model: EX8000|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 2 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @pwcoghlan,

One wifi name feature is not applicable for AP mode and is only for extender mode.

Message 3 of 4
JCSWPA
Aspirant

One Network Name available with Netgear X10 with Access Points?

Are there any netgear APs that work with the new Netgear Nighthalk X10 R9000, and use ONE WiFi name (aka one SSID)? I know the extenders do, like the R8000 I just bought but found out it wont do the one network SSID with the X10router.  Ethernet between the two (AP MODE) -like any wired - is a better more reliable choice without doubt, than wireless, which tends to drop occasionally. Having two network names is not seamless for many situations, as the devices (IP cams and iPads) won’t just switch between them automatically, and a strong enough signal exists.

Model: EX8000|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7