× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAC-104 invalid password

Dave40-s
Follower

WAC-104 invalid password

I have an AC1200-Dual Radio Access Point - WAC-104-100NAS. FW 1.0.4.9.

It is installed in a study upstairs on the 2nd floor and is connected to my router downstairs via Cat5 cable.  There is a desktop computer that works fine when it is connected to the router with that same cable.  It also works fine when connected to the WAC-104.

I got the AP for two reasons: 1) My Nest Protect in the upstairs family room was rarely connected to my network; 2) When upstairs our tablets and Apple devices (iPad & iPhone) were also getting poor connections to the router and did not work well.

When I installed the WAC-104 in January, the Nest Protect was able to connect and continues to stay connected to the network.  But the tablets and Apple devices still do not.  The Apple devices get an Invalid Password message.  The tablets get a similar error.  This happens when trying to connect to either the Netgear_11N or the Netgear_11AC.

I changed the default pw on the WAC-104 but that did not solve the problem.  I changed it back to the default pw - same result.  I reset it to factory settings and power cycled the box - same result.  I searched on the Community but did not find a solution.  One solution was to uncheck Smart Connect, but the WAC-104 doesn't seem to have that feature.  I could not find that mentioned in the Owner's Manual.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7