× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC104 Wireless Access Point

Michael-OakPark
Follower

WAC104 Wireless Access Point

Hi Netgear Community,

My plan is to use the WAC104 as a bi-directional bridge between a Netgear PoE+ Switch (GS305Pv2) and a WiFi Network that has DHCP. The Netgear PoE+ switch has a POE security camera connected to it and powers the camera. A CAT 6 cable connects the switch to the WAC104 Access point. The WAC104 acts as a DHCP client and connects to my WiFi network.Traffic between the security camera and the WiFi network needs to be bi-directional. Will the WAC104 work?

Thanks,

Michael 

Model: WAC104|Dual Band 802.11ac 
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC104 Wireless Access Point

@Michael-OakPark,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As I understand your initial post, the security cameras (which are directly connected to the GS305Pv2) and the WAC104 are going to be on the same subnet.  Am I right?  If yes, then the WAC104 will work on network setup you are trying to implement.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAC104 Wireless Access Point

Does the primary WiFi router support WDS bridging as a Wireless Base Station? Most WiFi routers or APs simply don't.

The WAC104 certainly does support a WDS wireless bridge mode as a Wireless Base Station, and for one or more Wireless Repeaters in a single hub and one or multiple spokes system.

The WAC104 however is not a universal wireless extender allowing to connect to generic wireless access point devices or WiFi routers.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements