× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAC104

ManhattanMarc
Follower

WAC104

Two Questions:

1) Does anyone know if you can change the antenna Transmit Power on the WAC104 Wireless Access Point through the web interface (like you can on many routers)?

2) Does anyone know the power consumption (watts) of the WAC104 under these two scenarios:

a. Connected only to a router via ethernet cable and radios turned off.

b. Connected to a router and a desktop pc, both via ethernet cable with no active pc downloads/uploads, and radios turned off.

I want to see how much power it uses just acting as a network switch, as right now that is all I need and it is as cheap as a simple unmanaged switch on amazon.com ($20). When on 24/7 over years, power adds up.

I also wonder if it runs relatively cool. I know there is no heatsink on the CPU and that things gets hot to the touch. Is it hot when the thing is idle with antennas off? The power consumption number in my question above will be a good indicator.

I know the max draw is 8.1 watts, but that is probably with all the ethernet ports active and the antennas turned on and active data transfer on all wired and wireless connections.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7