× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WFS709TP: Setup for multiple locations/subnets

abrick1
Follower

WFS709TP: Setup for multiple locations/subnets

I am attempting to setup our WFS709TP AP controller to run WGL102 APs that are located at various locations (and in different subnets) across our WAN environment.

I not having much luck with any of the official manuals - they are vague at best when describing how this may be done.

Is it possible for APs in different subnets and locations all use the same SSID? I assume that these must be setup to use different VLANs but I am getting some non-descript errors when attempting this. Using a different SSID is accepted however it would nice if I could use the same SSID given it would minimise client setup for those people that move across locations/subnets and allow them to us just the one preferred network.

If anyone can give me a more in depth description (than the manual provides) as to how this may be achieved (hopefully with an example with IPs) it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

just give you some heads up.. very little uses this models so you may not see much reply...

I have never played with it so I'm out loop on this..

jchri9 or beisser might have some info ....
Message 2 of 4
REGGRUNDY
Novice

Did anyone ever get any answers around this?
Message 3 of 4
jame_s
Aspirant

this may be too late for you, but i got this working

i used the local dhcp server in the remote offices to serve up the bootp options and it seemed to work ok
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7