× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WG602 V3 will not update Firmware? Help!

Calbearz
Aspirant

WG602 V3 will not update Firmware? Help!

I have a WG602 V3 AP that has Firmware 1.0.4

I an enter the web interface and see all the normal settings. When I click Upgrade Firmware I get the page asking for the upgrade file from my hard disk, when I select the file and click upgrade I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" screen. I have tried hard resetting the AP, I have closed and restarted the browser, I have tried a different browser. Nothing seems to solve this problem.

Please help!

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WG602 V3 will not update Firmware? Help!

PC wired to the WG602 and use IE browser. try upload the firmware again
Message 2 of 10
Calbearz
Aspirant

PC wired to AP is the ONLY way to access a WG602, so it is already wired to PC. Already using IE8 as stated before I tried other browsers too.

It just will not work, every time I try it claims "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

That might also suggest I am using IE? The part where it says Internet Explorer?

Any other ideas?
Message 3 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you must have static IP on PC to access the WGxx
Message 4 of 10
Calbearz
Aspirant

Your killin me here, if you read my original post it says I have access to all other functions, there for I am using as static IP, I am in the AP interface, and as stated in my first post everything other than the Firmware upgrade works fine.

If you don't know why the firmware won't update that's cool, but please don't just post the standard answers with out reading my post.

Thanks,
Message 5 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Use TFTP method and flash the firmware if you can upload via interface
Message 6 of 10
Calbearz
Aspirant

Ok, that sounds like its worth a try. I looked through the WG602 manual and could not find any mention of a TFTP method. Would you be so kind as to point me to a source of directions for this method?

Thanks,
Message 7 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 8 of 10
Calbearz
Aspirant

GOT IT! I upgraded to 1.0.5 first, then 1.2.5 when on fine. Very strange but its fixed now.

Thanks,
Message 9 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

good... enjoy 🙂
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7