× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WGR614v6 cannot connect two PC's

rtfarley
Aspirant

WGR614v6 cannot connect two PC's

After relocating and returning to Comcast I can only have one PC connected to my router at a time. If I connect two, using cables, the router goes into a check cycle showing all indicator lites, then no lites, then flickering lites all within a fifteen second cycle before repeating. If I only connect one PC there is no problem. I'm guessing a address conflict but not sure and don't know what to do about it. Help!:confused:
Message 1 of 11
bastialex0825
Novice

Re: WGR614v6 cannot connect two PC's

Check if your computers IP are set to static.

Check also on your router if "use router as DHCP server" box is checked.
Message 2 of 11
rtfarley
Aspirant

The NetGear smart wizard tells me that I am set to dynamic addressing and set to a DHCP client
Message 3 of 11
bastialex0825
Novice

Try re-flashing the firmware and perform hardreset on router then run setup wizard.
Message 4 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Go ahead and reset the router first.
Message 5 of 11
rtfarley
Aspirant

Well, I re-flashed the firmware, did a hard reset and went through the setup wizard...no improvement. I even tried a different cable and different router port to no avail. Any suggestions?
Message 6 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Possible bad capacitor inside the router. Likely to be looking new router
Message 7 of 11
rtfarley
Aspirant

Are there any settings in Windows that could be causing a conflict? I recall having connectivity issues in Arizona (different ISP) and the man who lived nearby made some changes to the settings. I don't remember what he did though. Could have been to the static IP settings.

It is strange that when I plug in the cable for the second computer and the router goes into the cyclic check, the network status shows a cable is disconnected, ok, then disconnected as the router cycles.

Anyway, if you think a new router is needed, so be it.

Thanks to all for the help.
Message 8 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If there were IP conficit you will the error on pc.
Message 9 of 11
rtfarley
Aspirant

The old router was the culprit afterall. Installed a new Netgear N300 today, took about five minutes, and all is working now.

Thanks everyone.
Message 10 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sounds good ... enjoy
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation