× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WGT624 v3 NOT CONNECTING TO ANDROID DEVICES

Brown62
Follower

WGT624 v3 NOT CONNECTING TO ANDROID DEVICES

Could it be that I am not configuring WGT624 v3 the appropriate way? It wouldn't connect to android devices but iPhone 12 and laptops connect to it. I downloaded the latest firmware(wgt624v3_2_0_26_1_0_1_na_only) it didn't change anything. 

Please can anybody help me out with a suitable configuration?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: WGT624 v3 NOT CONNECTING TO ANDROID DEVICES

wowsa, its time to update. 

That router was originally released in 2003. 

Almost 2 decades ago. Its an old wireless G router. 

Its security is only wep or wpa (per its datasheet). Not even wpa2. 

Instead of trying to get that device to work, it'd be worth upgrading to something from this decade. Unless you're only some pretty slow DSL, you'll see a nice speed increase even on the 2.4ghz much less adding in 5ghz. 

I'd look for something gigabit for future upgrades. 

Message 2 of 3
RX_Man75
Aspirant

Re: WGT624 v3 NOT CONNECTING TO ANDROID DEVICES

I have the same issue.  Unfortunately, those lambasting you for attempting to use this router may not realize that there are many of us that actually are restricted to 2.4GHz due to various issues - such as commercial and non-commercial lighting control.  I'll keep trying different possibilities, but so far nothing has worked. I did dry the usual fixes such as deleting the presence, changing to fixed IP address, etc., etc.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7