× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WHY CAN'T I CONNECT TO THE NETGEAR GENIE PAGE?

angrycustomer9
Follower

WHY CAN'T I CONNECT TO THE NETGEAR GENIE PAGE?

I am so furious right now I could throw my laptop out into the street. I have had my WN3000RP for a few years now and IT WORKS FINE. I am using it to be connected as I type this. All I want to do is access the stupid Netgear configuration Genie page to get the password to set up a wireless printer to connect to the range extender.

I tried mywifiext.net  THAT DOES NOT WORK

I tried several different IP's  .0.1 ;  .1.1 ;  .0.250 ; etc. etc.  THAT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

Why in the %#*#!&!!!! would accessing a setup and configuration page be arranged by NETGEAR to be so danged difficult to cause me to be on this for over an hour?  Then I call the support and they want to charge me money JUST TO TELL ME HOW TO ACCESS THE CONFIGURATION PAGE?  WTF?

WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO BUY ANOTHER NETGEAR PRODUCT AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE? Why isn't the configuratiopn simply on my own computer? Why would I have to know a mystery access system to configure my own network? Why do ALL of the instructions given BY NETGEAR NOT WORK AT ALL AND FORCE YOU TO GO PAY FOR BASIC INFORMATION??!!!This is manipulated EXTORTION.

How do I access the Genie configuration page WHEN ALL THE WAYS THAT HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED ABOVE DO NOT WORK? (and why would they NOT work if the extender is working just fine?)

Message 1 of 2
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WHY CAN'T I CONNECT TO THE NETGEAR GENIE PAGE?

When you first set up the repeater, did you select to have the password the same as the router's?

If so, you can download the Genie app and it will show you the network's password:
http://www.netgear.com/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx

When accessing the Extender's login page, please make sure to disconnect your computer/device from any ethernet/wifi that is not the extender's network.

To find you Wifi password on a Windows pc:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/networking-and-connectivity/how-to-find-your-wireless...

To find your WiFi password on a Mac:

If the password is stored, you can find it using the program Keychain Access.

If you open /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access, it will show you a list of stored entries. If you click the Kind column header, it will sort by kind, go to the section where AirPort network passwords are stored. On Yosemite, you may have to select "Local Items" rather than "login" under Keychains in the upper left.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7