× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WIFI Extenders

jtswat285
Tutor

WIFI Extenders

Can both extenders be used in tandem? 

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

which extenders? a model helps? 

And how do you have them setup?

I would highly recommend against daisy chaning them. 

Daisy chain:   router---->extender------>extender

star would be prefered. 

star: extender<-------router------>router

i usually recommend to people if they're needing more than 1 extender to move to a full mesh system like orbi versus trying to juggle mutliple extenders. 

Message 2 of 7
jtswat285
Tutor

Thank you for the feedback. I have a 6150 and a 6120. I set them up using the WPS. 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Are you having issues setting them up? and if so, what are the issues? 

Message 4 of 7
jtswat285
Tutor

No, my issue is that the 6150 seemed to fall offline about once a week. It is about 4 yeas old so I purchsed teh 6120 to use as a backup. I have them both plugged in. My Ring cameras are linked to them and they often just stop working. I unplug the extender and plug it back and that usually fixes the issue. Now that is not even working. The extenders link to my phone but then when I try to access the internet, it wont. 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

What router is it connected to? 

When 2 devices are failing in the same route, it points to something else being the issue. The router is the backbone of the system and if its lease is expiring, it could be causing the issue. 

Did you set them up using wps? 

If so, try factory resetting and reinstalling using the installation assistant. don't use wps. 

Message 6 of 7
jtswat285
Tutor

The router was just replaced by Xfinity last week. They worked for a few days and then the problem started. I will try using the install asst. 

Thank you. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7