× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WIFI extender does not find network on router

DiamondPuma
Follower

WIFI extender does not find network on router

Dual Band AC750 EX3700 [What the box and extender say not an selectable option in the dropdown box]

Hey there! My issue is a parciular one. I recently just moved into college. To avoid being on a network with everyone else and just wanting the safety of connecting to our own network (roomate and I) and for the sake of having a couple ethernet ports: which the campus doesn't have since they are 100% wireless, I bought a WIFI range extender. It apears that the school is using a bunch of Aruba routers/ extenders themselves to amplify and broadcast the signal/network to the entirety of the campus. Now, on my laptop and mobile device they are able to recgonize and connect to network A and network B however, when I try to setup the Netgear WIFI extender it only is able to recgonize the guest networks (network B). Unfortunatley, I need to connect to network A. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WIFI extender does not find network on router

Hello DiamondPuma

You may have to contact the IT dept at your school they may have it setup to not allow extenders.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7