× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WM3000RP keeps dropping my connection

Adamkelt
Novice

WM3000RP keeps dropping my connection

Hi all -

For a few weeks, I've had a WN3000RP Wifi Extender, and when it works right, its fantastic. However, every so often, I'll have to reset it to enable internet connectivity on it. The _EXT network is there, but nothing can connect to the internet. I'll unplug it, and plug it back in, and it'll work after its self-start.

Any ideas?

Router = Linksys E1200 (802.11n)
Message 1 of 6
Adamkelt
Novice

Re: WM3000RP keeps dropping my connection

Bumping to try this again - still occuring
Message 2 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

bump is against the forum policy 🙂
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

check any channel interferences on wifi which you need to change linksys and/or distance between the two devices has signal drop could have cause erratic behavior

use channel 1,6,11, 13 (13 for asia/europe user)
Message 4 of 6
Adamkelt
Novice

Sorry about the bump. Didn't realize. I wont do it again.

I don't think its losing the connectivity with the router. It seems to still be connected to the home network. It just loses Internet connectivity from time to time, and resetting the extender fixes it. I wonder if there's a misconfiguration in my router - something exotic that I'm unfamiliar with?
Message 5 of 6
Adamkelt
Novice

Belay my last. It seems that it IS, in fact, dropping from the router. Its one floor away, and handheld wireless devices reach it, so I don't think its a signal strength thing. I moved my channel to 11, away from competing sources, so I don't think that, either.

I'm starting to lean towards a router setting or something.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7