× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WMS5316 DHCP Query

KRixon
Aspirant

WMS5316 DHCP Query

I am currently rolling out 8 WNDAP350 access points which are centrally managed by a WMS5316 Management console.

The AP's are installed at 3 seperate sites which all have their own IP address ranges but are on the same subnet. I am aiming to have each of the sites use their own DCHP ranges for wireless only, and if possible would lie to accomplish this by using the Netgear product rather than Windows.

From what I can see I have 2 options:
1: One DHCP Scope for all wireless devices which is configured within the WMS5316. This will not work for my setup with the sites each being on different ranges
2: Set up a DCHP scope from each of the AP’s. This would work however there is more than one AP at each site which would result in a lot of separate scopes. Ideally I would only want one scope per site, not per AP.
Any Ideas?
Also, as a side question. I find that the Web GIU’s for all of these devices log me out frequently when clicking about. It’s not a timeout issue as a lot of the time when I re-enter credentials I get a message saying that there is already an active session. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WMS5316 DHCP Query

post under enterprise section which has now wireless controller etc.

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7