× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN1000RP Firmware Update V1.0.0.52

DeGeBe
Aspirant

WN1000RP Firmware Update V1.0.0.52

I'm trying to respond to an e mail saying a firmware update is available. When I open the zip file I get a message syaing that it is a: 

Disc Image File and it won't open.

Same issue with an update for my EX2700

Message 1 of 4
Msytty
Aspirant

Re: WN1000RP Firmware Update V1.0.0.52

I have the same problem receiving a computer message the the file is an image file.  Also, I received a message from my Norton internet security indicating that my Netgear 18 connection was not secure. I have no idea how to secure my Netgear 18.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

you need to log into the extender and load that img file here is a KB on where to go to do this.

https://kb.netgear.com/25113/Updating-the-firmware-of-EX6200-by-bypassing-the-NETGEAR-genie-setup-wi...

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
DeGeBe
Aspirant

Darren, thanks for trying to help, but I'm lost from your very first words: 'you need to log into the extender'.

I really haven't a clue how to do that. It's not an education issue, I've got an engineering degree. 

I've tried to read the KB (what does KB mean),  but it is so full of jargon, it's in a language that I don't understand. What are the issues if I can't update? They seem to be working OK.

What I really don't get is that most software, phones, PC, tablets etc. update automatically, why don't the range extenders?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7