× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN1000RP does not work2 - only yellow light

Christianesc78
Aspirant

WN1000RP does not work2 - only yellow light

My WN1000RP extender has stopped working after I change a config in its application and apply. When I tried to access again, it just turns on the yellow light, does not go green and does not appear on the network. Even trying to reset the factory does not work, it does not turn on anymore. What if there is no other way to access it?

Model: WN1000RP|WiFi Booster for Mobile
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: WN1000RP does not work2 - only yellow light

@Christianesc78 wrote:

My WN1000RP extender has stopped working after I change a config in its application and apply. When I tried to access again, it just turns on the yellow light, does not go green and does not appear on the network. Even trying to reset the factory does not work, it does not turn on anymore. What if there is no other way to access it?

Some questions. 

Which led is yellow? there's 3 led's. 

If you successfully reset the device (try holding reset again for 7-10 seconds), it won't automatically reconnect to the network. If you pull up a wifi scanner, can you see it broadcasting?

You'll need to fully redo your setup. Refer to the install guide to do so. 

here's the support page for your device.  It'll have manual, install guide, firmware, etc. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN1000RP

Message 2 of 6
Christianesc78
Aspirant

I've tried resetting it several times and nothing happens. The yellow button is the middle button, status led. And it does not show up on wireless networks.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Here's what I'd try.

1. move it to a different outlet.

2. hold the reset for 30 seconds while plugged in

3. unplug while still holding reset, hold for 30 seconds

4. plug it back in, all while holding reset for another 30 seconds.

5. Let it boot. give it 1-2 minutes.

what are the leds doing?

Message 4 of 6
Christianesc78
Aspirant

I tried this and the yellow led did not even blink.

It stays always turned on and does not change ....

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

something might have gotten corrupted during the changes/resets. Looks like this model is quite a bit older so I doubt its within warranty (?)   Plus it doesn't have an ethernet port to force new firmware to it via a tftp procedure. 

It might be time to call it and upgrade/update.  Sorry I wasn't more help. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7