× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN1000RP vs WN3000RP

Robert4723
Follower

WN1000RP vs WN3000RP

Does anyone know the difference in the WiFi Booster vs the WiFi Range Extender? The spec sheets do not make a clear distinction and there is a big difference in pricing. All I want to do is improve the Wifi signal primarily on the 1st floor of my house. I do not need especially need the ethernet connection that comes with the Extender (especially if that is the only difference and for $30 more). The extender spec sheet talks about "extending" the wifi coverage area and the booster spec sheet talks about extending AND strengthening (which i assume is the same as boosting? Any help would be appreciated - never really got a direct or good answer from either Netgear's online chat or phone help lines.:confused:
Message 1 of 6
Gangees
Novice

Sorry no answer, just bumping because I have exactly the same question.
Message 2 of 6
Ephone
Tutor

WN1000RP and WN3000RP provide the same functionality - to extend your existing WiFi coverage *wirelessly*. The range extender and booster are just different marketing names which are actually identical - at least for these two products.

In addition to the extra Ethernet port, WN3000RP is a 2X2 (up to 300 Mbps) 802.11n product whereas WN1000RP is 1X1 (up to 150 Mbps). And WN3000RP has external antenna.
Message 3 of 6
ausnew
Aspirant

I just purchased the WN1000RP for the exact same purpose and so far have found it to be perfect. When I move between floors my iPad will connect to the main WiFi router or the WN1000RP without any intervention, no downtime!
Message 4 of 6
foolishstar
Aspirant

ausnew wrote:
I just purchased the WN1000RP for the exact same purpose and so far have found it to be perfect. When I move between floors my iPad will connect to the main WiFi router or the WN1000RP without any intervention, no downtime!

Do you have Apple TV? If so, could you test it with your iPad attached to the WN1000RP and your Apple TV attached to your LAN or primary SSID Transmitter?

Hope you can help, I have problems with it and nobody wants to help :*(

Thanks, Foolishstar
Message 5 of 6
uptownvideo
Apprentice

Do the external antenna on the WN3000RP make it have a longer range? I am having a hard time deciding which to get.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7