× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000 doesnt connect to anything even after hard reset

kingston33
Aspirant

WN2000 doesnt connect to anything even after hard reset

i connected my entender to the modem it worked. I connected a router(AC1000) to the extender and went into settings told the ac1000 to go to access point mode, because it tells you to connect through ethernet i figured i could connect it to the extender so i did and my extender no longer responds i tried hard resetting it the middle button will light up green but if i connect it to anything(computer, modem, router) the light will stay orange and give no repsonse looking for a fix

Model: WN2000RPT|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: WN2000 doesnt connect to anything even after hard reset

Normally the router needs to be connected to the modem, and the extender is connected to the router (either with ethernet in AP mode, or with wifi in Extender mode).  Have you tried that?

Message 2 of 4
kingston33
Aspirant

my router is connected to the modem thr problem im facing is that my extender is not responsive anymore i reset it the middle led stays orange if its plugged i to anything if i leave it unplugged it will freese as soon as the led lights green

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@kingston33 wrote:

my router is connected to the modem 

Your first post is confusing, as it says the router is running as an AP.

Is your modem really a gateway (modem+ router combo)?  If you aren't sure, then please let us know the manufacturer/model.

Also, what is the manufacturer/model of the "AC1000 router"?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7