× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000RPT Aquiring network address problem

chrisgtl
Aspirant

WN2000RPT Aquiring network address problem

Hi all,

Just bought two WN2000RPT extenders from a well known UK forum classifieds.

Both extenders turned up in proper boxes but both have two pin plug adaptors meaning these obviously arn't UK versions (I'm in the UK).

Firstly, how can I tell if these are v1 or v2 extenders? How can I tell which firmwares to download (have the firmwares been pulled as the links don't work)

I set the extenders up at work to test them out (my work uses WEP) and they both worked perfectly.

Brought them home and neither will work on my WPA/WPA2 network.

I have reset the extenders using the rear reset button, gone through the extender wizard until it tells me to re-connect to the extender using my new (existing home wifi password) and my laptop just says 'aquiring network address........' then tries two more times before disconnecting and reconnecting to my main ISP router.

I have to reset the extender again to get my laptop to connect.

Do we have to use the wizard to setup the extenders or is there a manual method?
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN2000RPT Aquiring network address problem

Version question is answer every where

ONLY v2 and up will show in label of the unit.. You have v1 and use ONLY the V# corresponding

Usually there is below three choices other than WEP. Try all wireless mode

WPA
WPA2
WPA+WPA2
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7