× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN2000RPT No Internet connection

SeSKoAnd
Novice

WN2000RPT No Internet connection

I just bought a WN2000RPT to extend my network range. Im using a WN802T access point connected to a router/firewall. The setup works well and I can connect to the extender both wireless and wired but the devices connected through the extended do not get any internet access. The devices connected to the extender receives the network settings from the router and it seems to be correct.

I can ping the extender and wireless access point from a device connected to the extender but not the router/firewall. Other PCs connected directly to the wireless access point can ping bot the devices connected to the extender the extender, wireless access point and router/firewall.
Message 1 of 3
tjohnson1958
Novice

Have you had any luck with this? I'm using a WN1000 and a wn2000rpt. The lights say they are connected. I've tried connecting both wired and wireless but can't get to the internet. I did see the message "W7 Wi-F doesn't have a valid IP configuration". As a work around I'm just connecting to the wn1000 and going out to the internet but I'd like to go thru the extender. I'm not getting to the internet thru the extender.
Message 2 of 3
bjohn913
Aspirant

tjohnson1958 wrote:
Have you had any luck with this? I'm using a WN1000 and a wn2000rpt. The lights say they are connected. I've tried connecting both wired and wireless but can't get to the internet. I did see the message "W7 Wi-F doesn't have a valid IP configuration". As a work around I'm just connecting to the wn1000 and going out to the internet but I'd like to go thru the extender. I'm not getting to the internet thru the extender.

I am having similar problem with old WPN311. Two Win XP PCs have WPN311 cards accessing a wireless network. Several other PCs are working fine. These two stopped working about two weeks ago. Someone else connected extenders to reach other parts of the building. Looking at the Netgear software on the two failing PCs, I see several wireless points. I select one and it gets "Connected to the Router" but will not go on to report "Connected to the Network." Question 1 is why does it not connect to the internet if it connects to the router.

Question 2 is how can I tell the software to select a specific wireless point? When I select it and click "connect" it does not connect to that one (the one that works elsewhere) but stays with the bad one that only connects to the router.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7