× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN2000RPT and PS110 printer server

MickIW
Aspirant

WN2000RPT and PS110 printer server

I have a new DGN 1000 router connected to a PS110 parallel printer server and they work really well together. The DGN 1000 was supplied by my broadband service provider to replace a faulty, non-Netgear router and it is not powerful enough to give the house coverage I need, and had with my old router.

I bought the WN2000RPT with the plan of connecting it to the PS110 and then moving the DGN 1000 router to a more suitable position to improve the house coverage. Unfortunately the WN2000RPT does not see the IP address of the PS110 in the device list when connected to it with an ethernet cable whereas the router does. Netgear Tech support said that the PS110 was too old for the new equipment but I don't buy that as it can be seen by the equally new router. Can anyone suggest a way around this?

Thanks

MickIW
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

look at attach devices on main router with mac address shown back of ps110 and see if you can find it
Message 2 of 6
MickIW
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. I have checked and both the print server id and Mac address are detected and displayed in the device list of the DGN 1000 main router. Printing works well when the PS110 is connected to the DGN 1000.

Mick
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

was this behind the extender? because that is what I asked... you already said directly to the router works
Message 4 of 6
MickIW
Aspirant

Thanks for coming back on this.

I have been using the system with the PS110 connected to the router so, to test out your request, I set up with the WN2000RPT and connected to the PS110, and now it works! The attached devices on the router are the laptop and two entries for the WN2000RPT, but with different IP addresses. I have now set the system up as I want it and all works well now. I can't explain what is different this time!

Thanks for your help.

Mick
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you are using extender. possible signal related issues..
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7