× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN2000RPT ip numbers conflict ?

rupert1020
Tutor

WN2000RPT ip numbers conflict ?

hi,

i'm using a wn2000rpt to extend and existing wifi network from a WNR3500L router.

The ip address of the extender seems to be changing very often in the "attached devices list" on the router and this seems to be producing frequent drops of the link between the router and the extender (the red link light comes on on the extender which indicates a loss of connection between the two devices and hence a drop of the wi-fi network.

I have been battling with this problem for weeks. I have tried positioning the devices so as to be sure that the wi-fi link between them is strong enough which seems to be the case since the green indicator is on on the extender. But every once in a while it lights up in red which indicates a week or lost connection between router and extender.

Any help would be appreciated.

Btw. is it normal that the extender has two ip addresses ? one from the router and another on the extender ? Example: router device list 192.168.1.6 - Extender device list 192.168.1.250 .. both assigned dynamically.
Message 1 of 3
rupert1020
Tutor

Ok, I have just found out, that by default the WN2000RPT activates its DHCP server which will of course give it a IP number and probably also mess up the connection between the router and the WN2000RPT.. to deactivate the DHCP server on the extender, you have to use the below URL (this page does not appear on the admin pages of the device) and click on "disable DHCP server". www.mywifiext.net/cgi-bin/hidden_dhcpd.html
Message 2 of 3
Skewers
Aspirant

Hi - I can get to the WN2000RPT home page OK, but this URL just gives me a 404 error.

Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7