× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000RPT no mywifiext access by ethernet, cannot access WiFi

CatScan
Aspirant

WN2000RPT no mywifiext access by ethernet, cannot access WiFi

I bought this extender for a family member. Since changing modems/routers (no issues earlier, AFAIK) he has been unable to get a WiFi connection.

I have factory reset and paired by WPS with the family's modem.

I cannot connect to the extender by WiFi on Windows 10 (Windows gives the not so helpful "Unable to connect" and nothing further.) I have verified the password multiple times.

I have attempted to factory reset the extender on several occasions and repeated this process.

Connecting via ethernet gives me internet access but the connection times out trying to access the extender's configuration, by mywifiext, mywifiext.net, and by directly referencing the IP address it has obtained from the paired modem. I have attempted adjusting the local IP settings on my PC to the static specifications recommended (192.168.1.249 and 250 for the gateway) and tried to login this way, but it did not help.

Model: WN2000RPT|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN2000RPT no mywifiext access by ethernet, cannot access WiFi

Have you tried to use a different web browser when using the Ip address of the extender?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
CatScan
Aspirant

Re: WN2000RPT no mywifiext access by ethernet, cannot access WiFi

It appears that the issue might have resolved itself since my last attempt. But to share my experience for other users, I was eventually able to login via Microsoft Edge. I was able to access the extender by ethernet, referring to it by it's IP address, as assigned by my modem/router. I used the pre-existing password to connect to the WiFi, changed it to something a little more memorable, and accessibility by WiFi appears to be fine now. Strangely enough, during the WiFi reconfiguration by Ethernet, I was asked to connect to the extender's WiFi, did so, and then it attempted to redirect me to www.mywifiext.net/cgi-bin/index.html which gives me a 404 error (Page not found.) I removed the ethernet cable and tried to access this with just the wifi connected, same result. Not that it matters. All appears fine. I'm yet to test other devices.

Thank you for your reply. I can't give you Kudos because I keep getting an Authentication Failed error. Most likely it's my browser security measures.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7