× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000RPT unable to change region

itfidds
Aspirant

WN2000RPT unable to change region

Hi,

I have a WN2000RPT which originally had firmware V1.0.1.20NA and, as I am in Spain I upgraded the firmware to V1.0.1.24 and reset the router.

When I try to configure the region it is greyed out and does not allow me to change from United States.

Does anybody know if this is possible? i.e. is it a known problem?

Any help will be very much welcomed.

Thanks,

Steve
Message 1 of 3
itfidds
Aspirant

Re: WN2000RPT unable to change region

Hi,

I notice that this problem has had lots of views but, as yet, no suggestions.

Is it because that this is a known problem that cannot be fixed or is it that no-one has come across it before?

So far I have updated to V1.0.1.24 with no success. I have also re-flashed with the original release firmware V1.0.0.2 and then upgraded the firmware and language file to the latest editions.

I have now changed my adsl router to channel 3 and am able to connect the extender. This allows me partial access to the internet but it is extremely slow and and times out on updates to AV software, MS updates etc.

In addition I still cannot change the region from United States.

I have borrowed a TP-Link extender and that worked out of the box.

Any ideas? Anything please...

Thanks in advance.
Message 2 of 3
itfidds
Aspirant

Re: WN2000RPT unable to change region

OK, so for anyone that is vaguely interested, through trial and error, I have a solution: -

Load Release Firmware Version 1.0.0.2 (North America only)
Load Release Firmware Version 1.0.0.2 (All regions except North America)
Load Firmware Version 1.0.1.24 (All regions except North America)

Also performed a factory reset between each firmware update although I'm not convinced it was necessary.

Hey presto, I can now change regions. Also the throughput has improved considerably and no longer times out. I have managed the AV and MS updates plus also downloaded a 3Gb file sucessfully.

If nothing else my efforts have saved me from having to buy a different manufacturers product...
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7