× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000RPTv2 causing my survelience monitor/dvr to restart

barisad
Aspirant

WN2000RPTv2 causing my survelience monitor/dvr to restart

Hoping the title is a start? We stay in a campground with WIFI. We needed to install a survelience system. The only way to be able to remotely view the camera (needed an Ethernet port). Was to also install and use a range extender. Here's the problem. With the range ext. ON, the monitor/DVR shuts off and restarts causing us to have voids in recording time. With the ranger extender OFF it records without shutting off and restarting. Except we can't view remotely. Please bear with me, I'm not totally tech savvy. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
fordem
Mentor

Re: WN2000RPTv2 causing my survelience monitor/dvr to restart

The situation as you describe it would be VERY unusual - so unusual in fact, that I would have to see it in person to believe it. How a particular camera is connected would/should have no impact on the DVR/monitor shutting off - I could see it preventing recording (if there is no signal there is nothing to record), so that might explain voids in the recording time, but not a shut off & restart scenario. The systems I've worked with all support multiple cameras and if a particular camera is disabled or disconnected, the DVR continues to run and record the video from the remaining cameras. Maybe you could observe a little more closely - is the DVR actually restarting - if it is, I would check the power to the DVR, and then contact the manufacturer. .
Message 2 of 3
barisad
Aspirant

Re: WN2000RPTv2 causing my survelience monitor/dvr to restart

The DVR has 3 hour battery back up so a power glitch is out of the question. The cameras are wireless. 2 of them. I tried the system again (scheduled recording time and manual recording) with and without the range extender. Once again, with it on, we have voids in the recording times due to the DVR turning off and restarting. With it off, no issues in recording.

We are baffled. If someone has a suggestion or would like more details to help us solve the mystery, please ask?

Thanks..
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7