× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000rptv2 not working in Ubuntu 12.04

camoph
Follower

WN2000rptv2 not working in Ubuntu 12.04

I bought a Netgear wifi EXT WN2000rpt v2. I work with Linux OS, Ubuntu 12.04, 32 bits. The problem is that I can see the new connection Sitecom_EXT, but when I try to connect, it doesn't. I also have Windows 7 in another partition, and it works fine there, the problem is with Ubuntu. I tried all the linux forums, but no solution so far. If anyone can help me, I really appreciate it.
Message 1 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN2000rptv2 not working in Ubuntu 12.04

Should not matter what o/s is used

Is it refusing the wireless connectivity or connects to extender but no traffice?
Message 2 of 3
pewtermoon
Novice

Re: WN2000rptv2 not working in Ubuntu 12.04

I am having the exact same problem in Ubuntu 13.04. When I'm in Windows (7) I can connect fine, but in Ubuntu when I try to connect the box prompting me to put in my password comes up, and after a few seconds it just comes up again, and I can't connect. In the WN2000RPT manual it says that WPS won't work with WEP security, so I switched this to WPA, but it still doesn't work (in Ubuntu). Interestingly the webpage where you are supposed to configure the WN2000RPT (www.mywifiext.com or www.mywifiext.net) only works in Windows and not in Ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7