× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2500RP Extender Unable to Connect

Gary7701
Aspirant

WN2500RP Extender Unable to Connect

I have seen numerous discussions here about extenders not being able to connect to devices. The answers are somewhat vague and not necessarily definitive. I have just finished a paid for support call and have found the symptom and looking for a solution.

The Problem:

Windows 7 machine, trying to connect to the Netgear WN2500RP. Using the Genie support app I have gone through all the steps (multiple times) including factory resetting the extender, rebooting the computer (and my smartphone also trying to connect to the extender) even including adding the MAC addresses to the main router. Nothing works, the extender will not connect with any devices. The lights on the extender are all green as they should be.

Here is what I paid to find out. The extender is sending out a strong signal to the devices, but it is sending to the wrong IP address. This is why nothing will connect. So the question to Netgear Experts is, how do I change the outgoing IP address on the Netgear Extender?

If possible, please include some easy to understand step by step processes that anyone coming across this thread (and from my reading there are many) can do to change the out going signal to the correct matching IP address to allow the devices to communicate.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Message 1 of 3
Gary7701
Aspirant

Re: WN2500RP Extender Unable to Connect

I am now reading multiple, multiple discussions of various extenders all having the same problem - unable to connect the extender to devices.

It's becoming clear that the issue is probably the same on all of them. Nobody has identified that the extender is sending an outgoing signal to the wrong IP address.

Unfortuntately this possibility has not been addressed in any of the tech support responses. And doing a factory reset of the extender IS NOT the solution. We've all tried that.

Message 2 of 3
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WN2500RP Extender Unable to Connect

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7