× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN2500RP all lights green. iPad & iPhone will not make connection

Offthemap
Follower

WN2500RP all lights green. iPad & iPhone will not make connection

Hi. Tried setting up several times strictly following instructions. Everything seems to set up ok. I can see the networks on the iPad. When I try to connect though it just keeps trying and trying with no Internet connectivity. Check box in Wifi under setup on iPad just will notnstay connected. Indicator lights on unit all green indicating it is connected to Verizon westell DSL router, but no internet connection. I even turned off WEP on router/modem and still no luck.

At advice welcomed. Ready to send this back!
Message 1 of 8
Krh2012
Aspirant

I am having the same problem after going through the setup process carefully. All green lights and can see a strong signal in both my Dell laptop w/Vista and ipad..but simply cannot connect. Maybe this product is uncompatible with the verizon router? I too would also welcome any further suggestions! Help!
Message 2 of 8
ggift_1029
Tutor

Do you know if you have enabled any mac filtering on your verizon routers? If you do, no matter how you connect a device, it will not connect wirelessly.

HAve you tried connecting a device wired directly to the extender? Does it work or no?
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

ggift_1029 wrote:
Do you know if you have enabled any mac filtering on your verizon routers? If you do, no matter how you connect a device, it will not connect wirelessly.

if one had used wireless access list (mac filtering) then you have to add it's wifi mac address on router side so "it will not connect wirelessly" maybe not a phrase to use.
Message 4 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Most your extender will hate to use WEP and also hackable so do not use WEP

if you use no encryption that should at least work but for all the extender important part of main setup is use PC wired to the extender and make sure extender and router is connected fine. Test with PC while connected to the extender and see if you can get on the internet.

all the extender will have "_ext" ,2nd SSID broadcast from the device. While pc are still using ethernet to the extender setup the 2nd SSID and continue to adjust the setting to find the best combination
Message 5 of 8
Krh2012
Aspirant

After hours and hours of struggling, I finally got it to work!

Yesterday I found this thread in the verizon forums http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Netgear-WN2000RPT/m-p/275189#M19097 In case the link gets broken, the basic problem is the security setting on the martel verizon 9100EM router. You need to increase the security from the standard WEP to WPA2 (just as Jmizoguchi advises). Verizon has good step by step instructions on how to do this in their fios support section http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/fiosinternet/networking/setup/vzmi424/125052.h... If you are like me and you lost your original password to access the router, you might also have to reset your verizon router to its original factory setting which is also well explained in the support section http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/networking/troubleshooting/vz9100.... This takes a little more time, but is also relatively easy to do.

Once I had a WPA 64 digit passcode on the verizon router, I reset the Netgear extender to the original factory setting and started the install again...finally, success! The netgear genie accepted the new 64 digit passcode and I am online throughout the house!!

I am disappointed that Netgear does not address this potential issue in their literature or FAQs. Perhaps they can make this addition in the future. Verizon has millions of Fios customers in the US!
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Because WEP are VERY old therefore WEP are "forgotten" and really don't care for it

Yes, there is wifi devices are using WEP but thats means you own some old products + 9 out 10, non-techie has not clue to difference WEP to WPA2 and thinking all these years their wireless is secure.... 🙂
Message 7 of 8
CraigHoward
Aspirant

Thank you Krh2012 !!! That fixed my issue.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7