× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2500RP and Amazon FireTV

crazy_bob
Aspirant

WN2500RP and Amazon FireTV

Does anyone know about trouble connecting these two devices? my problem is they seem to stay connected for a very short time ( maybe seconds). I do not have this problem with my Roku unit.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN2500RP and Amazon FireTV

Hello crazy_bob 

Have you tried to lower your wireless channel or make sure you are using wpa2 security? 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
crazy_bob
Aspirant

Re: WN2500RP and Amazon FireTV

I am using WPA2, I have not tried a different channel. This is what happens when I try connecting FireTv to the extender and this just happens when trying 5GHz: It seems that the two units are connecting and then disconnecting and it also seems when this happens it causes the FireTv not to respond to the remote every few seconds. When I connect using 2.4GHz everything works fine. The extender works fine at 5GHz with my Roku. I know the FireTv works fine at 5GHz when connecting directly to the Router. Everything else I try connecting to the extender at 5Ghz works fine, its just the FireTv trying to use 5GHz

Thank You.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7