× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2500RP- cell finds 2G & 5G bands fails to connect, after change to Fastlane Tech

timfd
Follower

WN2500RP- cell finds 2G & 5G bands fails to connect, after change to Fastlane Tech

Model WN2500RP extender and FIOS-G1100 dual band router. I used www.mywifiext.net to connect extender to 5Ghz band of router. That created extender networks FIOS-GARI5-5G_5GEXT and FIOS-GARI5-5G_2GEXT. I was able to connect Samsung 5S phone to the 2GEXT network. Then tried to change to Fastlane Technology on extender from the not Fastlane Tech, to use Fastlane Tech and chose 5G for the router-to-extender, and 2.4G for the devices-to-extender. While doing next step it displayed some type of error (forgot wording). Since then the cell wifi didn't find those _2GEXT or _5GEXT networks. I added them so the cell would try to connect, but the show "out of range". When I choose the _3GEXT anyhow it displays connecting..., then back to saved,secured and didn't connect. It only displayed "obtaining IP Address..." and got to a connected status once. When I disconnected that and tried to connect again, it failed. My thoughts are how do I set the extender back to factory defaults so I can get it's networks installed by the router all over again ? Thanks for any help. - Tim
Message 1 of 2
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: WN2500RP- cell finds 2G & 5G bands fails to connect, after change to Fastlane Tech

Hi @timfd,

Locate the reset hole at the back where you connect the cables to it and hold it for 15-30 seconds inorder to reset it to factory settings. Then you can set it up again.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7