× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2500RP doesn't work after configuring

Johnny_Bq
Aspirant

WN2500RP doesn't work after configuring

So I bought WN2500RP a day ago, it is just the best cheapest option. I had another one with the exact same problem that I'm about to describe, it's why I bought a new one.

First off I configured it with my Windows 10 desktop, after the applying settings part the repeater completly stopped responding, I also tried my laptop with wifi, I can see the ssid, but cannot connect, same goes with the desktop connect via lan, the lan is shown as connected, but no internet, and mywifiext.net isn't responding either.

I reset the repeater and tried to configure it on my laptop, running the latest ubuntu mate distro. Same thing happened, with both wifi and lan. before I configured it worked fine, connected fine and everything.

please help, I can't even play a youtube video at this point with my usb wifi reciever.

Model: WN2500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN2500RP doesn't work after configuring

Hello Johnny_Bq

So its connected to the router just fine but your devices will not connect to the extender? Have you made sure the extender has a different SSID than the router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Johnny_Bq
Aspirant

Re: WN2500RP doesn't work after configuring

essintially yeah, from what I can tell with the leds it seem to be working, and yep its a different name. now I have one setup and I'll wait for if it wants to work

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7