× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2500RP firmware update broke WiFi connectivity

Mark_T_H
Tutor

WN2500RP firmware update broke WiFi connectivity

After performing WN2500RP firmware update, the device is no longer visible on the network and is no longer accessable via WiFi.  The Range Extender device does turn on with green power and WiFi symbol, but the formerly connected ethernet devices are invisible to the network.

Did anyone test this firmware update before sending out?

-Mark

Message 1 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN2500RP firmware update broke WiFi connectivity

Hi @Mark_T_H,

Welcome to the community!

We recommend doing a factory reset after the firmware update.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mark_T_H,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
Mark_T_H
Tutor

Restore to Factory Settings did not help.  The Wi-Fi Indicator is still dark and the device is not visible on the network.

Model: WN2500RPv2|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mark_T_H,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
Mark_T_H
Tutor

Okay, thanks for sending a message to my inbox.  I don't see anything here in the NetGear Community inbox other than the message that says you sent me one.  I checked my company e-mail inbox, and there's nothing there other than one message that says Dexter sent me a private message and another that says Dexter mentioned me in a post(!).

Maybe I'm moving faster than the internet is, or messages are moving at snail-mail speed.  Either way, I'm looking forward to some help to get our range extender functional again...

Thanks,
-Mark

Model: WN2500RPv2|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Mark_T_H wrote:

Okay, thanks for sending a message to my inbox.  I don't see anything here in the NetGear Community inbox other than the message that says you sent me one.  I checked my company e-mail inbox, and there's nothing there other than one message that says Dexter sent me a private message and another that says Dexter mentioned me in a post(!).

There is an envelope icon in the upper right of the forum (next to your username).  Click on that, and you will get into the private message facility.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7