× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP Install: Selected Network Not Available

rajat_nda
Aspirant

WN3000RP Install: Selected Network Not Available

Hi:

Issue: Connecting to setup-->Linked Home Network to Extender-->Error message on connection,not able to connect to internet.

I have researched the forum a lot, tried re-installing/ factory reset couple of times, but nothing seems to work. I have tried all the different ways to connect to the Extender, but at the end of all the steps, I get the same message everytime: "The selected network is no longer available. Please make sure the existing network equipment is within the proximity of the Extender..........".
> I've added the mac address given to the router. One possible issue could be that when I add the mac address there's only one option- 'Static' (whereas other addresses have 'Auto'). Is this an issue?:confused:
> Second possible cause of isssue could be that the mac address gets added with an IP of 192.168.1.6; whereas when I see the status of Extender, the IP says 192.168.1.250. There's no way I can choose 250 since the options only go upto 100 on my router. Is this the reason, if so what's the workaround?:confused:

Spent quite a few hours, and not able to figure out what do I do :(:(:(.
Help please !
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN3000RP Install: Selected Network Not Available

Message 2 of 4
rajat_nda
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
duplicate
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=82147

@jmizoguchi:

The duplicate got created by mistake. Request one of the mods to delete it, since I can't.

Meanwhile, do you have any suggestions on what's going wrong? Thanks !

Regards,
Message 3 of 4
rajat_nda
Aspirant

Team:
Got it resolved thru interaction with the Netgear customer after multiple hit and trials. Essentially, the work around for me was changing the sec access from WPA2 to WPA... which is fine I guess because we don't have great internet speeds in India as it is 🙂

Thanks anyway..
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7