× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP and Sonos Connect - Dropping IP

Skewers
Aspirant

WN3000RP and Sonos Connect - Dropping IP

Hi,

My Sonos Connect box is attached to my Netgear Wifi Extender (WN3000RP) through an attached wired ethernet connection. It works for a while and then the WN3000RP will suddenly drop it from being an 'Attached Device'. I can still connect wirelessly to the WN3000RP and can see that it believes it no longer has any attached wired devices but I can see it recognises my laptop wirelessly.

To get the Sonos box going again I have to plug it into my router and then it gets an IP address. I can then go and connect it back to the WN3000RP and it continues to work fine. And then after a little while the Extender stops seeing it again.

I've looked to disable the DHCP server on the Extender, thinking this might be the cause, using this link I read in other posts (http://www.mywifiext.net/cgi-bin/hidden_dhcpd.html) but I get a 404 error.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 3
storm_2003
Novice

Re: WN3000RP and Sonos Connect - Dropping IP

Please check page 24 this link:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN3500RP/WN3500RP_UM_18Oct12.pdf

example :
IP : 192.168.0.250
SM : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS : 192.168.0.1 (same as the router's/gateway's IP)
Message 2 of 3
Skewers
Aspirant

Re: WN3000RP and Sonos Connect - Dropping IP

Thanks.

So I setup the Extender with a fixed IP address. It rebooted itself. I then rebooted the wired Sonos box and successfully it was then able to show that it has the Sonos box connected to the network.

The Sonos software could then see the Sonos box and all good, I could start to play music, etc.

And then sure enough after about 10 minutes it just stopped seeing the wired Sonos box connected to it. Randomly just dropping it for a reason unknown. Incidentally, I don't think this is the Sonos box at fault as it's a replacement Sonos box I got under warranty.

Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7